Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The sunrise narrative arc.

1. At 7:19, 5 minutes before actual sunrise, there was that pink glow on the underside of the clouds that I've learned goes away very quickly. I stopped so I wouldn't miss it this time:

83849C2D-FB2E-440A-8D81-FC9118D0502C_1_201_a

2. And, 2 minutes later, I stopped again:

E11EB4E2-3464-4571-84CF-DDEAC46EA502_1_201_a

3. I like the way the steam from the heating plant augments the clouds:

C7BAD99E-5113-4AC7-92FD-E044CB39EEDC_1_201_a

4. I thought the color might wash out with the sunrise, but 3 minutes after the sunrise time, the color was excellent. I liked the way things developed. It was a great sunrise if you understand sunrise greatness in terms of the narrative arc and not merely the peak. I like a lot of interesting stages — changes....

290BED59-626A-4AC2-B4D8-AD4FDE834AD5_1_201_a

5. I thought of the criticism: It's a little too governmental.

6. At 7:30, the sun popped into view:

6F8CB9C5-6854-48B0-89D5-87F0741067AE_1_201_a

7. Now, there was the challenge of looking at the sun. I tried hiding it behind the capitol dome:

E7854B48-8FBB-4EAA-8DDF-E26C73BB7ABC_1_201_a

8. There's also looking away and seeing what is newly illuminated, like these trees and the receding ice on the lake:

74B12816-7284-4331-9567-7A8234EC8D0E_1_201_a

Post a Comment

0 Comments