Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"I was aware of the inevitable humiliation, the inevitable mockery, the inevitable mean-spiritedness, the inevitable bad pictures."

"I’m not at a point in my life or my career where I’m looking for a way to make a fool of myself... Nothing is as it was. I already work in another way, and the problem doesn’t lie outside the political sphere. Outside the political sphere, we’re a cool country. It’s inside that the problem exists. But I know very well that if you really want to transform your life, you can’t just tweak things on the outside. You have to take a deep look at yourself. America has to take a serious, fearless moral inventory, whether it’s a Catholic going to confession, or a Jew on Yom Kippur, or someone at a recovery meeting knowing you have to take a really honest look at your character defects. If America is going to transform — genuinely transform — we need to do more than tweak things here and tweak things there."

From "68 Minutes With Marianne Williamson The self-help guru makes a case for a recovery presidency — and sees 'both sides' on vaccines" (New York Magazine).

Post a Comment

0 Comments