Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pajama Games



Readers, I know pajamas are not the most exciting sewing project in the world.  In fact, they may be one of the dullest, ranking just above sewing machine cover and baby diaper.

Still, I am thoroughly enjoying making these pajamas, though all the piddly details are making this take longer than I'd originally expected.  I'm just about done with the top and will make the bottoms today.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm using three different colors of seersucker.  The differences are subtle, as you can see on the finished collar.



Rather than turning the shirt facings under, I cut them in contrasting colors and turned them over the top, topstitching them down like applique.  I love the result.



A few people had questions about ironing seersucker.  You can iron it, but the fabric will lose some of its characteristic pucker, which will only return after washing, so I avoid ironing/pressing entirely, except where there's a pronounced wrinkle in the fabric; it doesn't require ironing normally.  I finger-press and pin as much as possible. 

After all that taffeta and lace, cotton is such a pleasure to sew with -- no drama!

So here's how things stand as of this morning -- buttonholes are done, buttons are on (not visible here), sleeves hemmed.  I still have to hem the bottom.



There's something so comforting just looking at these pajamas; It's those salt-water taffy colors I think.

I've never thought of seersucker as a hard-to-find fabric but it sounds like some of you can't find any.  If someone has some good online seersucker sources and could share them here, that would be great!

I realized this sunny morning walking the dogs that it's almost time to wear my seersucker cabana set.  Woo hoo!



Friends, that's it.  The Pajama Game will finish tomorrow (I hope) and then we'll move on to other Doris Day-themed sewing projects.  Midnight Lace anyone?


Have a great day, everybody!

Post a Comment

0 Comments